Post by Chris Kent on Jan 25, 2019 2:10:15 GMT -5
Gender: Cisgender man (he/him)
Archetype: Meta Hero
Marital Status: Single
Affiliation: The House of El/Superfamily
Meta-Human Abilities: Chris is a full-blooded kryptonian and thus has the various abilities of his race, under a yellow son. Because of his separation with the Nightwing entity, he no longer possesses his darkness manipulating abilities.
- Solar Energy Absorption: Without the Nightwing entity, this is the main source of Chris' abilities - absorbing energy from Earth's yellow sun (or any yellow sun he comes into contact with). Even when he is away from a yellow sun, unless in the presence of a red sun, there is energy "stored" in his cells, allowing him to retain his kryptonian abilities for the time being.
- Heat Vision: He can fire beams of intense heat out of his eyes at a target, so long as he's looking at them or it. The heat and intensity can vary depending on his concentration.
- Superhuman Hearing: He can hear any sound, no matter the volume or pitch. He has to concentrate to focus on a specific sound, tuning the rest out, when, for example, he's trying to find the source of that specific sound.
- Enhanced Vision: His vision includes the entire electromagnetic spectrum. He's also able to control which type of vision he uses and the focus of it. This ability includes the following five types, each further explained below - electromagnetic spectrum vision, x-ray vision, telescopic vision, microscopic vision, and infrared vision.
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Chris can see and identify broadcast frequencies such radio and television signals. He's used this ability in the past to avoid being detected by satellites or radar. He's also been able to see auras that surround living beings when using this ability.
- X-Ray Vision: He can see through any matter except for lead.
- Telescopic Vision: Similar to zooming in with a camera, he's able to see objects or people from a distance away. The true limits of this ability are currently unknown as he has never tested them.
- Microscopic Vision: The opposite of his telescopic vision, this ability allows Chris to be able to see objects or images at an atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: He can see with better accuracy in darkness than a regular non-meta-human. He can even see to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: He can manipulate graviton particles, thus defying gravity and achieving the ability to fly through the air - as well as space. He's able to fly in any pose or position as well as any direction. He's also able to simply hover in place in the air.
- Invulnerability: Like other kryptonians under a yellow sun, Chris is invulnerable to most damage as well as toxins. He can still be hurt by enemies that possess superhuman strength - as well as kryptonite and magic, further explained under his weaknesses.
- Superhuman Stamina: He can handle more continuous and strenuous activities than the average person. This is due to the solar energy he absorbs and stores in his body, however he still requires food, drinks, and sleep as this ability is limited.
- Superhuman Strength: Despite what is probably believed by the general public, Chris' strength comes from him consciously focusing energy fields from his body to help him than actual physical strength. Because of this conscious will to focus those energy fields, he's able to lift seemingly impossible weights - as well as focus this strength into physical attacks such as a punch. An example of this is when he once lifted a mountain topic without a single rock on it crumbling under its own weight and gravity.
- Superhuman Speed: He's able to move at incredible speed just by willing it. His perceptions also enhance to be able to keep up with whatever speed he's moving at. He's been known to be able to catch bullets using his speed. This also helps him have superhuman agility as well as superhuman reflexes.
- Super-Breath: He's able to create hurricane force winds simply by exhaling. He can also consciously chill the air that leaves his lungs to create a freezing breath. He's even been able to suck in large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Phantom Zone Immunity: Because he was conceived and born in the Phantom Zone, Chris is immune to majority of its effects. It can still mess with his mind and memory but so far he's been the only person to maintain a corporeal form while in the Phantom Zone.
- Multilingualism: Chris is fluent in both English and Kryptonese.
- Red Sun: Under a red sun, Chris will lose all of his kryptonian abilities, rendering him identical to a regular human.
- Kryptonite: Leftover from Krypton's destruction, just being in the presence of the green rock weakens Chris and pains him. Touching it can burn him. If cut to a sharp edge, it can cut right through his skin. Enough kryptonite can even kill him. Due to being born in the Phantom Zone, though, it takes a bit longer for kryptonite to affect him - or a larger amount - than it would to affect someone like Clark. This was shown when he managed to hold Ursa's kryptonite knife without it poisoning him as badly as it did her.
- Magic: Like other kryptonians, magic has a strong and potent affect when used against him.
- Lead: Seemingly the one material his x-ray vision is unable to see through.
Lor-Zod was born to General Zod and Ursa while the two of them were imprisoned within the Phantom Zone. Growing up, he endured abuse from both of his biological parents. While they were in Fort Rozz, Zod created a small vessel that was capable of maintaining form in the Phantom Zone - as well as leaving the Phantom Zone. Because he was the only one that was capable of maintaining a physical form in the Phantom Zone, Lor-Zod was chosen to leave it. The rocket ship successfully left the Phantom Zone and eventually entered Earth's atmosphere.
Once in Earth's atmosphere, the rocket was sure to crash land until it was saved just in time by Clark Kent as Superman. Though he was reluctant, because Lor-Zod was neither human nor from Earth, Clark had no choice but to leave him in the care of Sarge Steel and the Department of Metahuman Affairs. While there, Lor-Zod surprised everyone by lifting a large television cabinet. After hearing him speak in Kryptonese, Clark realized that the young boy was another kryptonian however it was insisted that he stay with the Department where they ran tests to confirm whether or not he was indeed a kryptonian.
Then Lois Lane wrote an article about Lor-Zod's arrival and the news spread quickly. The Department decided to relocate him and neglected to inform Clark. When Clark found out, he took him from the Department and brought him to the Kent family farm, asking Ma and Pa Kent for advice on raising an orphaned alien boy.
Eventually it was decided between both Clark and Lois that would take the boy in and keep him safe from the Department. From then on the boy was no longer Lor-Zod, but rather named Christopher Kent, a name given to him by Lois. However the Department of Meta Human Affairs weren't the only ones interested in Christopher. Naturally Lex Luthor had learned about the boy's existence and his kryptonian origin.
Lex ended up sending Bizarro to kidnap Chris. While Clark fended off Bizarro, Chris' invulnerability was put to the test when a school bus fell directly on top of him. Luckily he survived and was safely kept out of Bizarro, and thus Lex's grasp. All seemed well after the battle until General Zod and Ursa managed to break free from the Phantom Zone and made their way to Earth.
Chris was kidnapped by his biological parents and could only watch helplessly as they freed their allies from the Phantom Zone and prompted an invasion of Earth. However during their invasion of Metropolis, Chris gained the courage and turned on his biological father, burning him with his heat vision. He fled back to Clark and Lois, who decided to officially adopt him after the battle had been won - Zod and Ursa along with their allies returned to the Phantom Zone - forging the paperwork to create the identity of Christopher Kent.
Unfortunately his biological parents didn't stay trapped in the Phantom Zone. They broke free once more along with several associates of theirs, quickly searching for and attacking Clark. They recaptured Chris and used him to try to get Clark to surrender. Clark was able to hold General Zod off long enough for Lex to figure out how to rid them of the invading kryptonians. In the end, Lex to exploit their connection to the Phantom Zone in order to force them to go back. This, however, also affected Chris and Clark. After Zod and his allies had been sucked back into the Phantom Zone, the portal had still refused to close. Realizing this, Chris thanked Clark and Lois for taking him in and sacrificed himself to close the portal.
Back in the Phantom Zone, Chris found himself in a kryptonian prison along with his biological parents. He eventually found a piece of Brainiac's technology and his mind somehow interfaced with it, expanding his consciousness as well as forming a link between him and Thara Ak-Var. With the help of Non, Thara successfully used the connection between her and Chris to rescue Chris from the Phantom Zone.
Once freed, Chris discovered the existence of New Krypton as well as several sleeper agents on Earth, sent by Zod from the Phantom Zone. Together he and Thara decided to track down and stop the sleeper agents, dawning the superhero identities of Nightwing and Flamebird, inspired by heroes from kryptonian legends. Though he desperately wanted to return to his Earth family of Clark and Lois, Chris was convinced that for the time being, his return needed to remain a secret so he and Thara could successfully take down the sleeper agents.
Despite not being in the Phantom Zone for years, Chris had somehow aged to roughly fifteen or sixteen years old by the time Thara rescued him. The growth spurts didn't stop there, though. While at the Fortress of Solitude, he underwent another painful growth spurt for unknown reasons - perhaps because of being born in the Phantom Zone - that aged him up to roughly twenty-three years old.
Unknown to Chris, his biological mother, Ursa, was hunting for him now. With the reputation of kryptonians on Earth tarnished by Alora Zor-El and Zod, Chris and Thara had to be careful in their plans to take the sleeper agents down. With Clark off world on New Krypton, they based themselves in the Fortress of Solitude, where Ursa inevitably attacked them.
After a brutal attack, Chris and Thara were able to fend Ursa off but Thara had been gravely wounded by Ursa's kryptonite knife. Fearing for Thara's life, Chris did the only thing he could think of - he took her home, to his adopted mother, Lois. After reuniting with Lois, Doctor Light was called to heal Thara. As Thara healed, Chris returned to the Fortress to face Ursa once more. However the two were interrupted by UAVs sent from Sam Lane. Chris fended off the UAVs but eventually he and Ursa fled, going their separate ways.
He returned to Lois and Thara, seeing much to his relief that Thara had recovered well and to his curiosity, Lois had been asking her about her relationship with him. Before his mother could get any answers, he and Thara had to leave to stop a kryptonian couple that had been on a crime spree. When they caught up with the couple, a fight quickly escalated which was eventually interrupted by Codename: Assassin and a bunch of "ogres." The couple of sleepers managed to escape with Chris and Thara pursuing them. However the duo were forced to let the sleepers get away in order to save innocent civilians.
At one point, a girl in Hollywood gave Chris her number, which he noticed seemed to make Thara jealous. When Thara said she didn't care, he impulsively kissed her. Unfortunately the moment was interrupted by Metallo and Reactron, who managed to capture both of them.
The two of them managed to escape along with Kara Zor-El - only for Kara to try to kill Thara. Chris managed to stop Kara and confessed to being her cousin, explaining that he was Clark and Lois' son. The moment was ruined when the three of them were attacked by Guardian and the Science Police, who had somehow come to think they had killed Mon-El. Chris tried to talk sense into Guardian but was ignored and attacked. Along with Thara and Kara, he managed to escape the fight and followed Kara to a safe house she had in Paris.
Once at the safe house, the three of them were able to compare notes and discuss what had been happening. It was then that they realized two of the sleeper agents were Metallo and Reactron. Squad K then attacked them because they had been framed for the murder of Mon-El. They managed to escape from Squad K and decide to go to Lana Lang's apartment. Once there, Chris and Lana left to find Lois, believing she could help clear their names.
Eventually Chris and Thara were discovered and forced to flee once again. However they were faced by Squad K once again. In order to avoid further bloodshed, Chris along with Thara and Kara surrendered and then worked to convince Squad K's commander of their innocence. Reactron then murdered his squad-mates and attacked the three kryptonians.
Chris tried to fend off Reactron but Thara got injured in the battle. Soon Chris found himself and Kara at Reactron's mercy until Thara manifested her Flamebird powers and personality. Thara almost killed Reactron, calming only when Mon-El was revealed to be alive and then with the help of Kara. However it was a kiss from Chris that helped fully submerge Flamebird and bring Thara back.
Though their fight for good was being twisted by anti-kryptonian media, Chris continued to fight crime and save lives by Thara's side. It was around then that Thara informed Chris about specific kryptonian mythology using an information crystal. However not long after, Chris experienced another painful growing spurt, aging to an old man. Doctor Light was called in to help and brought him to a colleague of hers, who ended up being a kryptonian sleeper agent named Jax-Ur.
Jax-Ur stole DNA from Chris and imprisoned him once again in the Phantom Zone. While being back in the Zone seemed to age him back to twenty-three, it also made him helpless as he could only watch as Jax-Ur used his DNA to create a replica of Rao and set it lose on Earth. He could only watch as Thara, his mother, and other heroes tried and failed to stop Rao.
Then he was contacted by the Nightwing entity, lover of Thara's Flamebird. It told him that he was the entity's true host just as Thara was the Flamebird's but for unknown reasons he was unable to connect with Thara from the Phantom Zone this time. Desperate to stop Rao and save the others, Chris managed to merge properly with the Nightwing entity, gaining his darkness manipulating abilities.
He escaped the Phantom Zone as the fully fledged avatar of the Nightwing entity. Alongside Thara as Flamebird, he helped fend off Jax-Ur, who ended up being a kryptonian deity known as the Builder. Jax-Ur then fled into the heart of the replica Rao, triggering a self-destruct sequence. Recognizing the damage it would cause to Earth, Chris along with Thara overpowered Jax-Ur and the replica Rao. Chris managed to absorb the replica's heart into the Phantom Zone where it could cause no damage before destroying the replica. After the battle, he shared a kiss with Thara but once again the two were forced to leave due to the growing hostility toward kryptonians.
Then it all got worse. Zod and the kryptonians of New Krypton declared war on Earth. Lex Luthor and Sam Lane turned Earth's sun red. Alongside Thara, Chris fought to try to end the conflict and protect the innocents of Earth. Then it was decided that they needed to turn the sun yellow again. He flew with Thara, determined to aid her. However he was whisked away by the Nightwing entity and could only watch in horror and grief as Thara sacrificed herself to return the sun to its yellow state. But there wasn't much time for him to grieve.
He interrupted a battle between Clark and Zod and worked to push Zod back into the Phantom Zone. Just like before, the portal wouldn't close. With a final goodbye to Clark, Chris sacrificed himself again to force Zod back into the Phantom Zone, using the Nightwing entity to close the portal, which ended up separating him from the entity. Once in the Zone again, he found himself as a child in the company of Mon-El, struggling to remember the life he had led on Earth, his family, the Nightwing entity, and Thara.
Now he has somehow found himself back on Earth yet again.
What... What happened? The last thing he remembered, he'd been a kid again, trapped once more in the Phantom Zone, traveling and keeping close to Mon-El. He'd been struggling to remember Thara, the Nightwing Entity, a good chunk of his life. The Phantom Zone did that - it made his memory fuzzy. Even now, he was certain there were pieces missing.
But the dirt under his hands definitely didn't belong to the Phantom Zone - and his hands weren't that of a kid's. He was twenty-three again or roughly that age. And... Was this Earth?
He recognized the sound of birds - it was humid, wet. He thought he might have been in a rain forest. When he looked down at himself, he saw he was in his Nightwing costume but he knew the Nightwing entity was gone. It had left him after helping him trap himself and Zod in the Phantom Zone...
He practically jumped to his feet, eyes darting around but he found no signs of life aside from him and obviously animals and plants. He also saw no signs of a portal to the Phantom Zone. He could feel the sunshine dotting through the canopy of trees. He shot up, flying above the treeline. He closed his eyes, feeling the sun on his face, the wind blowing his hair.
For a split second he only thought of finding Thara and reuniting with her, letting her know he was home. But that lapse in memory didn't last long. Reality hit him and his eyes watered. Thara was gone. She hadn't been trapped in the Phantom Zone with him. She had sacrificed herself. She'd died a hero... But she had still died.
He felt the strong urge to go home - a childish urge to curl up in bed and hug a Superman action figure he'd had as a kid. Perhaps that urge came because moments ago, he'd been a kid again in the Phantom Zone. Still... He wanted to go home.
But where was home?
Chris felt a pang of fear as he realized he didn't quite remember. He knew it wasn't the Phantom Zone - that place had never been home. All that place had done was mess with his mind, his memories. Now it seemed to have stolen his memory of home.
But he remembered a city - a metropolis... No, it's name was Metropolis. He couldn't remember if that was home and his head hurt when he tried to think harder on it. But he remembered enough to know how to get there. So that was where he headed, flying at his top speed.
Player Alias: Kid Flash / Anna (she/her)
Other Characters: Bart Allen
How did you find ARFD?: Was a member previously, Jay dragged me